C Hoares Bank
Situated on Fleet Street the building that houses the private bank of C Hoares was the first stone building constructed after the Great Fire of London, 1666.
MBL was engaged to examine and report on the failings of the historic Chubb rim sashlock.
The lock, although not the main security for the front door, is used continually and had suffered from expected wear and tear. A number of faults were identified during a full inspection at our engineering workshop.
Following submission of our report and quotation of repair MBL was commission to return the 12” box lock to its former reliable state.
Several replacement lock parts had to be individually machined before the lock could be reassembled.
The lock case now reinstalled to the bank’s front door will continue to service the building as it has done for many years before.